London and Grotto Lodges on the Highclere Estate
Terms and Conditions
‘You’ or ‘Your’ means the named person in the confirmation of booking.
‘We’ or ‘Us’ refers to Highclere Enterprises LLP.
1. You must be over 18 years of age to make this booking.
2. You will receive your booking confirmation after payment of your non-refundable deposit (30% of the total payable).
3. Your contract with us begins when we accept your booking by sending your booking confirmation to you, which details the dates of your booking and the date on which the balance is due (60 days prior to arrival).
1. We ask you to confirm the booking and pay 30% of the final amount when you make the booking, which is a non-refundable deposit. Payment must be made on line by debit or credit card.
2. We will send you an email to request the balance 60 days before your arrival date.
3. If you wish to cancel you will be liable to our cancellation fees as listed below.
4. The booking purchase will result in a printable eTicket confirmation which will be emailed to the purchaser's stated email address immediately after a successful purchase.
Cancellation of your booking
If you wish to cancel your booking, you must notify us by email as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation of your booking will be subject to charges as listed below:
- The 30% deposit made upon booking is non-refundable.
- The balance of 70% is due to be paid 60 days before your arrival date. If the balance is not paid, the booking shall be deemed to lapse. We notify you of this via the email address on the initial booking form.
If you wish to pay 100% of the fee upon booking and you then decide to cancel, we will repay you the amount minus the non-refundable deposit if you contact us by telephone on 01635 253210 and then by confirming in writing to email@example.com; more than 60 days in advance of the date of your arrival.
Bookings made less than 60 days before your arrival date must be accompanied by the total amount payable.
Any cancellation within 60 days will forfeit both the deposit and balance paid.
We would expect our valued guests to have taken out normal and appropriate travel insurance to cover any losses should they be unable to travel. If we do need to change or cancel your booking, which will only on the occurrence of exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your stay in the relevant Lodge. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us. Highclere Castle is not liable for any other costs, claims or damages including consequential loss such as the inability to visit due to travel disruptions including use of private vehicles and public transport.
Guests’ standards and behaviour
- We will provide you with a welcome pack in each Lodge – please read and take note of any safety instructions. Please remember to lock the property when it is unoccupied.
- This property is privately owned and is a home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of each Lodger.We reserve the right to charge you for any damage or cleaning that may be required should you breach this condition.
- Candles and barbeques are not permitted.
- Pets are not allowed in either Lodge, although assistance dogs will be permitted, please notify us at the time of booking if you need to bring an assistance dog with you. We reserve the right to charge you for any damage or cleaning that may be required should you breach this condition.
- (a) London Lodge is for two adult guests only and parties are not permitted. We reserve the right to terminate your stay without notice or refund should you breach this condition. London Lodge has one double bed in the bedroom, a bathroom, sitting room, and kitchen. Please ensure you have read the description of the Lodge before booking and note that it may not be suitable for those who have difficulties with mobility.
(b) Grotto Lodge is suitable for 4 adult guests, with a double bed in each of the two bedrooms and parties are not permitted. We reserve the right to terminate your stay without notice or refund should you breach this condition. Please ensure you have read the description of the cottage before booking and note that it may not be suitable for those who have difficulties with mobility.
Neither Lodge is suitable for children under the age of 16.
- We ask that you only use the parking designated for either Lodge, which is sign posted and will be shown to you on your arrival. Please do not block any access routes.
- We reserve the right to terminate a booking without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
Accommodation for either Lodge is sold in good faith and may not be auctioned or resold in any circumstances nor may it be used for marketing, promotional or competition purposes, even where free of charge.
Damage to the Lodges and contents
- If on arrival, you find anything damaged or missing, please inform us as soon as possible. If you do not notify us, we will assume that you are responsible for this damage.
- You will be responsible for 100% of non-accidental damage caused to the property or its contents by yourself or your party.
- For accidental damage, you will be responsible for the cost of any damage caused up to the amount of £250.
- The inventory of the Lodges, such as dressing gowns, umbrellas, towels or other contents will be charged for should they be removed from the property. You are welcome to take any consumables.
- We reserve the right to ask you for payment for any damage and/or loss of items from either Lodge and for the non-return of key cards and key fobs for external lighting. Non-return or loss of key cards and/or key fobs will incur a charge of £100.
Rights of access
- We may need to access the accommodation at any time if there is an unforeseen problem, but we will endeavour to contact you in advance and access the property at an agreed time.
- We reserve the right to terminate your contract and remove you from the property should you be in breach of the terms and conditions outlined here.
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking without providing any reason for doing so.
- We are always very grateful for feedback from guests who stay in either Lodge. If you have any feedback after your stay please you inform us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any problem or complaint which you may have concerning your stay must be immediately reported directly to us and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us at the time and only reported after your stay will not be considered.
Check in/Check out
Arrival time at either Lodge is from 4pm. Departure time is 11am. Failure to leave by the correct time will incur a late departure fee.
These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and we both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.