London and Grotto Lodges on the Highclere Estate
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern the relationship between Highclere Enterprises LLP and guests at our Lodges.
“You” or “Your” means the person named in the reservation offer.
“We”, “Us” or “Our” refers to Highclere Enterprises LLP.
- London Lodge is for two adult guests only. London Lodge has one double bed in the bedroom, a bathroom, sitting room, and kitchen. Please ensure you have read the description of the Lodge before making payment and note that it may not be suitable for those who have difficulties with mobility.
- Grotto Lodge is suitable for four adult guests only, with a double bed on each of the two floors. Please ensure you have read the description of the Lodge before making payment and note that it may not be suitable for those who have difficulties with mobility.
- Although there is no right of way by car to explore Highclere Park, we are delighted to offer various different walks (depending on the time of year) throughout Highclere Park and around Milford Lake.
- When Highclere Castle is open to the public, we may be able to offer a special gift set and/or tickets for you and your guests to visit the Castle and Gardens for you to purchase, even if tickets to the castle are sold out. Please enquire at the time of making your reservation request.
- Accommodation for our Lodges is sold in good faith and may not be auctioned or resold in any circumstances nor may they be used for marketing, promotional or competition purposes, even where free of charge. We reserve the right to terminate any reservation made in breach of this condition at any time without notice and without refund.
Reservation the Highclere Lodges
- You must be over 18 years of age to request a reservation at either of our Lodges.
- Reservation requests should be made in writing to email@example.com using an email address which is checked often (your “Email Address”). Reservation requests will be dealt with on a first come, first served basis.
- We may offer you a stay at either of our Lodges by sending a reservation offer to your Email Address. We reserve the right to refuse any reservation request without providing any reason for doing so.
- Your reservation offer will contain:
- The Lodge you have booked;
- A full description of the relevant Lodge;
- The start date and time of your stay (“Check In”);
- The end date and time of your stay (“Check Out”);
- The fee for your stay (the “Fee”); and
- These Terms and Conditions.
- You accept our reservation offer by making payment of 100% of the Fee.
- Payment of the Fee should be made within 5 working days by credit card payment over the phone by calling +44 1635 253210. Successful payment of the Fee will result in a reservation confirmation, including a printable payment confirmation, which will be sent to your Email Address.
- Failure to pay the Fee within 5 working days of us sending the reservation offer will void our offer. We may accept payment after this period at our absolute discretion.
- If your reservation offer is voided and you still wish to book one of our Lodges, you will need to submit a new reservation request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation of your reservation
- Cancellation by you.
- If you wish to cancel your reservation, you must request a cancellation in writing to email@example.com using your Email Address.
- Once the Fee is paid, cancellation of your reservation will be subject to the following charges:
- Cancellations made more than 12 weeks before Check In will be charged one-third of the Fee. The balance of two-thirds will be refunded.
- Cancellations made less than 12 weeks before Check In will be charged 100% of the Fee.
- We expect you to take out normal and appropriate travel insurance to cover any losses, e.g., should you be unable to travel. We are not liable for any other costs, claims or damages including consequential loss such as the inability to visit due to travel disruptions, including use of private vehicles and public transport.
- Cancellation by us.
- If we need to change or cancel your reservation, which will only be on the occurrence of exceptional circumstances beyond our control, notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as practicable.
- In the event of cancellation by us, we will promptly offer to reschedule your reservation to a mutually agreed date in the following 18 months.
- Our liability for cancellation by us will be limited to your payments made to us.
Guests’ standards and behaviour
- We will provide you with a welcome pack. Please read and take note of all safety instructions. Please remember to lock the property when it is unoccupied.
- The Highclere Estate is privately owned and is our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the Lodge with the same respect that they would their own house.
- Please only use the parking designated for either Lodge, which is sign posted and will be shown to you on arrival. Please do not block any access routes.
- If on arrival you find anything damaged or missing, please inform us as soon as possible. If you do not notify us, we will assume that you are responsible for this damage.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of either Lodge. We reserve the right to charge you the full cost of remediating any damage and the full cost of cost of cleaning that may be required to put the Lodge back into its former state should you breach this condition.
- Candles and barbeques are not permitted in or around either Lodge or anywhere on the Highclere Estate.
- Pets are not allowed in either Lodge, although assistance dogs will be permitted. Please notify us at the time of reservation if you need to bring an assistance dog with you. We reserve the right to charge you the full cost of remediating any damage and the full cost of cost of cleaning that may be required to put the Lodge back into its former state should you breach this condition.
- Parties are not permitted. We reserve the right to terminate your stay without notice or refund should you breach this condition.
- You will be responsible for 100% of non-accidental damage caused to the property or its contents by yourself or your party. For accidental damage, you will be responsible for the cost of any damage caused up to the amount of £250.
- The inventory of the Lodges, such as dressing gowns, umbrellas, towels or other contents of London Lodge will be charged for should they be removed from the property. You are welcome to take any consumables.
- Non return or loss of keys, key cards and/or key fobs will incur a charge of £100.
- Failure to leave by the Check Out stated in your reservation confirmation, will incur a late departure fee.
- We will retain your credit card information until after your Check Out as a guarantee against any damage and/or loss of items from the Lodge.
- We reserve the right to terminate your stay without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the reservation (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
Rights of access
We may need to access the Lodges at any time if there is an unforeseen problem and we reserve the right to do so. However, we will endeavour to contact you in advance and access the property at a mutually agreed time.
- We are always very grateful for feedback from guests who stay in either Lodge. If you have any feedback after your stay, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any problem or complaint which you may have concerning your stay must be immediately reported to us and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us at the time and only reported after your stay will not be considered.
We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and we both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.